Mountain Biking involves the risk of serious injury or death. Your knowledge, decisions, and actions contribute to your safety and that of others. For your safety and the safety of others, please always adhere to the code.
STAY IN CONTROL. You are responsible for avoiding objects and people.
KNOW YOUR LIMITS. Ride within your ability. Start small and work your way up.
PROTECT YOURSELF. Use an appropriate bike, helmet, and protective equipment. Helmets are REQUIRED and other protective equipment is strongly recommended.
INSPECT & MAINTAIN YOUR EQUIPMENT. Know your components and their operations prior to riding. Inspect your bike or have it checked by a qualified bike mechanic before you ride.
BE LIFT SMART. Know how to load, ride, and unload the chairlift safely. Ask if you need help.
INSPECT THE TRAILS AND FEATURES. Conditions change constantly; plan and adjust your riding accordingly.
OBEY SIGNS AND WARNINGS. Stay on marked trails only. Keep off closed trails and features. Ride in direction indicated.
BE VISIBLE. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail, feature, landing, or are not visible.
LOOK OUT FOR OTHERS. Look both ways and yield when entering or crossing a road or trail. When overtaking, use caution and yield to those ahead. Look uphill and yield to other riders when entering a trail or starting downhill.
COOPERATE. If involved in or witness to an incident, you must identify yourself to Bike Patrol or staff member.
*The Responsibility Code is endorsed by the National Ski Areas Association.
Release of Liability
In consideration and exchange for allowing the ticket/season pass holder to use these facilities, he/she agrees to ASSUME ALL RISKS OF INJURY inherent in mountain biking activities. Ticket/pass holder AGREES NOT TO SUE WELCH VILLAGE SKI AREA INC. and agrees to HOLD HARMLESS and RELEASE Welch Village Ski Area Inc from liability for NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY or BREACH WARRANTY. In accordance with Minn. Stat. 604.055, this does not apply to claims for greater than ordinary negligence.
Assumption of Risk
Ticket/pass holder understands that mountain biking activities at this area are INHERENTLY DANGEROUS, which cause SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH, including uneven and/or slippery trail and feature conditions, varying slopes and terrain, bumps, stumps, trees, roots, forest growth, cliffs, rock and rock drops, loose gravel and dirt, wet surfaces, holes and potholes, downed timber, debris, depressions, other bikes, dirt and wood features and other constructed features, lift loading and unloading, padded and non-padded barriers, all terrain vehicles, motor vehicles, paved surfaces, collisions with vehicles, riders, pedestrians, objects and heavy equipment, and mechanical or other failure of rental or personal equipment, and ticket/pass holder ASSUMES ALL RISKS. Ticket/pass holder agrees to use all facilities safely and has the ability to safely load and unload lifts, will read and follow all signage, will control speed, will avoid all-terrain vehicles and other natural or man-made objects on or near the trails, and will ABIDE BY YOUR MOUNTAIN BIKE RESPONSIBILITY CODE of the National Ski Areas Association.
Welch MTB Park Rules
1. All users of the bike park, trails, chairlift, and features must purchase a ticket or season pass.
2. Helmets are mandatory for all users and other protective equipment is strongly recommended.
3. An age minimum of 8 years old will be enforced in order to ride the mountain bike trails.
4. All users age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian at all times while utilizing the bike park.
5. All users of the bike park and trails are required to complete the release of liability form. Any person under the age of 18 must have a parent/legal guardian present to sign a mountain bike release of liability form.
6. Full suspension mountain bikes are recommended. Welch Village staff reserve the right, at their discretion, to disallow the use of bikes deemed to be unsuitable or unsafe. BMX type bikes are not allowed.
7. For your safety and preservation of the trails, take note and abide by closed areas, hazard markings and signage. Ride only on designated trails that are open.
8. Uphill riding is only allowed on the designated uphill trail (not in place as of yet).
9. There are associated risks to your bike and yourself when using the chairlift and bike trails. Welch Village is not responsible for injury or damage. You assume ALL the risk.
10. Always use caution and dismount during times of heavy traffic.
11. ATV's, trucks, heavy machinery, and maintenance personnel may be encountered at any time. Use caution.
12. The chairlift and bike park may close at any time for inclement weather. Seek shelter during lightening storms and other bad weather.
13. Tickets and season passes are non-refundable.
14. No electric assist bikes ("E-bikes") are allowed in the Welch MTB Park.
*Welch Village management reserves the right to change or modify rules at anytime for safety reasons.
Fall Ski & Snowboard Sale with Wayne's Ski & Cycle and Tyrol Ski Shop
A huge sale with great deals on brand new skis, snowboards, boots, and winter gear. All items provided by Wayne's Ski & Cycle and Tyrol Ski Shop. Sale hours Friday (10/26) 4-9pm; Saturday (10/27) 10am - 4pm *No Swap this year; this year's event will be a sale of new equipment & gear only*